On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Hafney <hafne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm at the end of my rope with adobe acrobat. I'm using adobe acrobat
> reader
> 10. I can successfully generate a pdf but I cannot update the pdf after I
> make changes to my .lyx document.  How do I fix this? (I'm using windows).

I'd like to know the same thing. Except I'm encountering this issue under
Mac OS X. After changing the document I use the View PDF (pdflatex) option.
If I have a version of the PDF open in Adobe Reader  already then I do NOT
see the newer version.

My workaround is to close the Adobe Reader window (or close Reader entirely)
before viewing the updated PDF version.

I am, as far as I can tell, running the latest version of Reader (10.0.3)
and definitely the latest version of OS X Snow Leopard Server, which I'm
using from a user level account. And my copy of LyX is 2.0.0 (29 April 2011
build). I have MacTex installed (latest available from CTAN).

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!