Richard, thanks for your offer to send you the lyx file, but at the moment
it's not necessary.

I think I got the hyphenation working, even though I don't know what I did.
Yesterday evening, last pdf preview it showed the error in the log, now my
pc is rebooted this morning, I take a look again, and hyphenation works as
expected. Perhaps I did something right, but it needed to be reconfigured on
a reboot. No idea why though.

and about the Section* yes, I use these.
Ahh, I get it, I should not have used the unnumbered sections!! What the
hell?

Now that is what I call thinking the wrong way about usability. It's like
with that date thing. Adding the authors name to the title automatically
adds todays date to it. You have to find a menu, somewhere and check
'suppress default date on front page', instead of just inserting 'date' to
your page if you'd want it.

So for an automatic TOC, numbered sections are a requirement. That's quite a
useless restriction. If I didn't wan't a TOC I wouldn't insert one. And I
guess I'll have to add latex code to get rid of the numbering now, right?

grtz,
Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/