On 2011-09-19, PhilipPirrip wrote:
> On 09/19/2011 11:09 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
>> I wanted to look at the pdf file of the Math-Help-File of Lyx 2.0.1 but get
>> this error:

>> ! LaTeX Error: File `mathdots.sty' not found.

>> How do I proceed?

> You should install a LaTeX package mathdots. In my case (Fedora Linux,
> TeXlive 2010) it's called texlive-mathdots.

In case installing the packages is not possible, you might try with

* export to latex,
* remove or comment the line \usepackage{mathdots}
* compile "by hand"
* if there are errors in the line of "command ... not defined",
  remove/change these commands that require the mathdots package

This should at least help to see the rest of the document as a PDF.

BTW: it would be nice to have HTML and PDF versions of the manuals publicly
available.

Günter