On Wednesday 12 October 2011 18:16:29 Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 19.09.2011 11:09, schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
> > I wanted to look at the pdf file of the Math-Help-File of Lyx 2.0.1
> > but get this error:
> >
> > ! LaTeX Error: File `mathdots.sty' not found.
> >
> > How do I proceed?
>
> Remove the complete table row whose first cell is \iddots.
>
> Does the file then compile or do you get further errors?
>
> thanks and regards
> Uwe

Uwe,
I copied math.lyx to my home/Desktop to be able to handle it and checked
the table. Since I did not find in lyx the row you mentioned I tried to
export it to math.tex but get

Das Kopieren von
/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.hX2857/lyx_tmpbuf2/2_usr_local_share_lyx_images_math-
subscript.eps nach [images/math-subscript.eps] ist fehlgeschlagen.
(apparently I have to copy also an eps file)

I took therefore the whole table out and get this:

 \usepackage
                {makeidx}^^M
*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)
so the answer to your question:
> Does the file then compile or do you get further errors?
is yes

Wolfgang