On 10/07/2011 01:07 AM, Jane Shevtsov wrote:

    Also, and this may sound a bit weird, if you open a DOS window
    (Start > Run >
    cmd) in the directory where the EMS thingy lives, and run

     convert "EMS flowchart.tiff" new.tiff

    does LyX like new.tiff?  (Note: I'm assuming that the ImageMagick
    bin directory
    is on your path; otherwise you'll need to change 'convert' to
    'C:\Program
    Files\WhereverTheHeckImageMagickIsInstalled\bin\convert'.)

This results in an error: "Invalid parameter - new.tiff". I found ImageMagick, or at least the convert.exe file in my LyX folder, but should there be any other executables there?

Hadn't noticed that before, but I just looked on a Win 7 partition and, sure enough, there's an IM directory under LyX, with 19 files in it. On that partition I also have a full installation of IM (43 files in the main directory, plus three subdirectories), and that's the one that LyX uses (because it's on the system command path). I'd suggest that you download and install the current version of IM, put the main directory (containing convert.exe) on your system command path (needs to be in front of any Windows system directories, since Windows also has a program named 'convert'), maybe reconfigure LyX again just to be safe, and see if the mystery TIFF file converts properly.

Incidentally, the "invalid parameter" message might mean that the MS version of convert was run (unless you ran it in the IM folder under LyX, or put in the full path). It's hard to picture the LyX version not accepting an output file name.

Paul