When I attempt to publish [format and print to pdf] a document compiled from
Scrivener and imported into LyX I get a long list of errors, all of which have
to do with Lyx--or the document class I'm using, KOMA-Script article--not
liking some of the punctuation carried over from Scrivener.

The major offender is--I'm going to describe, because I don't know the name--a
long dash which Scrivener converts to when I enter two regular dashes in
succession. Single dashes and some single and double quotation marks also give
errors. [The error with the long dash--again, forgive my not knowing the name
of the thing--may be due to the fact that I believe it is normally preceded and
followed by a space; I recently switched to use of long dashes that without the
preceding and following spaces.]

This is the message I get regarding the long dash:

We believe this impasse—
between a rigorous method that is difficult

You need to provide a definition with \DeclareInputText
or \DeclareInputMath before using this key.

My first thought was to go back to Scrivener and change the offending
characters--adding spaces before and after double dashes--but that might be
unnecessarily laborious, and will not work for the offending single dashes and
single and double quotes. Here is an error message related to single quotes:

Cartwright, N. (1989a). Nature’
s Capacities and Their Measurement.

You need to provide a definition with \DeclareInputText
or \DeclareInputMath before using this key.

And double quotes:

relatively specific practices
``instituting universal preschool''

You need to provide a definition with \DeclareInputText
or \DeclareInputMath before using this key.

Suggestions for resolving the problem would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net