On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Xi Zhang <zhangxi-...@163.com> wrote:

> Richard Heck <rgheck <at> comcast.net> writes:
>

> > On 03/29/2012 05:39 PM, Xi Zhang wrote:
> > > I am writing something using LyX in Windows.
> > >
> > > I just want a simple funtion that every time I run pdfletex, the pdf
> file
> can
> > > be copied to the same folder in which the lyx file is. As these files
> will
> be
> > > sycronized by Dropbox, I can reat it on iPhone or iPad.
> > >
> > Why don't you just export the file? Then it is put in that folder.
> >
> > > I know that this has been discribed in Customization.lyx as a simple
> example. However, I have no idea of how
> > Python works and how to make photocopier.sh executable.
> > >
> > That example is for Linux or OSX.
> >
> > Richard
> >

> Every time I pdflatex, I want this to be done automatically, as Dropbox
> uploads it automatically as well.

I guess Richard's suggestion was:

do not do: view>>pdflatex,

***instead**

do: file>>export>> pdflatex

That would seem to solve your problem.

You may even open a pdf viewer with file watching capabilities on the
exported file before you start working on it and you'd enjoy the same
advantages as working on a file residing temp directory.

In fact, now that I think of, why isn't this LyX's standard behavior (as it
is, e.g., in Kile)?

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org