I think people are missing the point here ... Lyx is *great* for writing and
getting references and labels right! This goes for APA journals as much as for
math/engineering journals.

I have co-authored several articles for APA journals and the pay-off of writing
them in Lyx and then getting them into LaTeX or PDF has been wonderful,
especially as I have *not* had to make final "typo" changes/corrections to the
submitted/reviewed article before printing.

So, *please* keep the APA6 layout and corresponding bibtex referencing
up-to-date!

Mateo.