Am 11.12.2012 01:14, schrieb obregonma...@gmail.com:

Each APA-type journal has its own list of document types that it accepts; these
journals are only guided by the APA _style_ conventions. All journals in
psychology etc. that I have come across accept tex manuscripts, as long as the
tex file contains everything the authors use (i.e., macros) and do not rely on
any special latex compiling instructions.

Thanks for the clarification. So a layout for APA 6 is indeed useful. However, I won't have time to write it and hope that anybody else can volunteer. if you like, I can review the layout.

thanks and regards
Uwe