On Jan 23, 2013, at 1:02 AM, Rainer M Krug wrote:

>>> I also tried to go the LyX -> LaTeX -> docx route, but the results were not
>>> as usable as via
>>> xhtml. So I would suggest to try the route via xhtml.
>>
>> How did you get from XHTML -> docx? Pandoc (according to the first paragraph
>> of the user's
>> manual) does not accept XHTML input files. Jerry
>
> Well - using
>
> pandoc -o newfile.docx newfile1.xhtml
>
> works as expected and produces a docx file.
>
> So I can only say it works. I only used the converters and format definitions
> as mentioned earlier.
>

> Truy it:
>
> simple lyx file, export to LyXhtml and use above command to convert to docx.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rainer

Thanks, Ranier. I have just now tried this on a simple document (two equations,
two sections, a footnote, a figure with caption, a greyed comment, and two
cross references (to an equation and to a section).

As usual, the LyXHTML looks very good. But in the docx, the equations are not
rendered and contain spurious text, the figure caption and figure name are
separated from the figure and are shown as normal text, spurious text is
inserted relating to the image, and all of the cross-references move the cursor
to the title rather than to where it should move. The footnote is printed as
ordinary text as is the greyed text also.

pandoc -o newfile.odt newfile1.xhtml

results in a similar result, but with completely nonfunctional cross references
and no spurious text relating to the figure image.

I'm using OS X, LyX 2.0.5, Word 2011, LibreOffice 4.0.0.1, and pandoc 1.9.4.2.

Jerry