On 24/01/13 01:02, Jerry wrote:

> Well - using
>
> pandoc -o newfile.docx newfile1.xhtml
>
> works as expected and produces a docx file.
>
> So I can only say it works. I only used the converters and format definitions
> as mentioned
> earlier.
>

> Truy it:
>
> simple lyx file, export to LyXhtml and use above command to convert to docx.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rainer
>
>> Thanks, Ranier. I have just now tried this on a simple document (two
>> equations, two sections,
>> a footnote, a figure with caption, a greyed comment, and two cross
>> references (to an equation
>> and to a section).
>
>> As usual, the LyXHTML looks very good. But in the docx, the equations are
>> not rendered and
>> contain spurious text, the figure caption and figure name are separated from
>> the figure and
>> are shown as normal text, spurious text is inserted relating to the image,
>> and all of the
>> cross-references move the cursor to the title rather than to where it should
>> move. The
>> footnote is printed as ordinary text as is the greyed text also.

Without doubt this is not perfect. As I said, I can't comment on equations and
I did not worry
about the captions. Have you tried LyX -> eLyXer -> pandoc as well?

>> pandoc -o newfile.odt newfile1.xhtml
>
>> results in a similar result, but with completely nonfunctional cross
>> references and no
>> spurious text relating to the figure image.
>
>> I'm using OS X, LyX 2.0.5, Word 2011, LibreOffice 4.0.0.1, and pandoc
>> 1.9.4.2.

For my case (no crossreferences, no inseted references, but formating in the
text (italic for
species names) and only some pictures which I deleted anyway to reduce the size
of the docx as I
had to email it for further revisions it worked better and faster then any
other solution.

Have you tried to go ia LaTeX and pandoc?

I guess some manual fidelling will always be necessary, and for my document the
fidelling required
after pandoc was considerably less as after any other approach.

Please keep us posted about any progress.

Cheers,

Rainer