On 2013-03-06, EK wrote:

> body p { margin-bottom: 0cm; margin-top: 0pt; } "OTOH, the font
> selection dialogue should not let you select a font that is not
> installed on your system."--
> I agree wholeheartedly.  In fact, LyX 2.0.5.1 under Windows XT does
> tell me (right in the list) that the font was not installed,
> but the same version of Lyx under Lubuntu 12.10 64 bits omits this
> useful note.  Both systems run TexLive 2012.
> Since under (L)ubuntu the tlmgr (the package manager for TexLive) is not
> normally available, and since URWPalladio does not appear in the ubuntu
> repositories, I could not use it.

Here, with LyX 2.0 under Debian/testing, I see URWPalladio only listed
when clicking the "non TeX fonts" button (i.e. for use with Lua- or XeTeX
engines). URWPalladio is installed system-wide by ghostscript, so it should
work with XeTeX/LuaTeX.

I don't think that there is a separate entry for URWPalladio under the
TeX fonts - the TeX version is available as "Palatino" using the
"mathptmx" LaTeX package.

Günter