On 2013-03-08, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 7. März 2013, 18:32:16 schrieb EK:
>>  Wolfgang,
>>  If you are in Windows, you can use the tlmgr (the Texlive package
>> manager) to install support for Greek. If you are in Linux (as I am),
>> you can use the Linux package manager (since I use (L)ubuntu, for me
>> this is synaptic)-- search on texlive in synaptic and you'll see
>> something like: texlive-lang-greek.  Install it and everything will be
>> nice. HTH--
>>  Ehud

> Thanks, Ehud.

> however, I am on Linux Debian squeeze and synaptic has
> texlive 9-11 squeeze 1
> as the newest version.

> I do have texlive 2012 from the TeX Collection 2012 on a DVD somewhere on
> the PC with paths set to it but have to find out first. Takes time in my
> age...

> May be I should install it again from the DVD to the correct place in the
> root tree...

You can simply try with texlive-lang-greek from squeeze. If it is too old,
I'd rather recommend texlive 2012 from Debian/testing instead of a local
install. Simply add

deb http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/debian/debian/ testing main contrib
non-free

(or another repo) to to /etc/apt/sources.list und do a selective
update/install (just texlive and dependencies).

Günter