Jane Shevtsov <jane....@gmail.com> írta:

Hello:

>I&#39;m trying to format an article for submission to PLoS One.
>I&#39;m using their BiBTeX style sheet (http://www.plosone.org/static/
>plos2009.bst) and the bibliography works fine but I get &quot;
>(author?)&quot; errors in the text when trying to cite an article as
>Author [ID]. Apparently, this is because their style file isn&#39;t a
>Natbib style,

No, this is not correct. That style is a natbib style. It was made by
custom bib which supports natbib. The beginning  of the bst file indicates
this:

"%%

%% This is file `PLoS.bst',

%% generated with the docstrip utility.

%%

%% The original source files were:

%%

%% merlin.mbs  (with options: ..."

The problem is it is a numerical style file, you cannot use author [ID]
with it. Select Document->Settings->Bibliopgraphy->Citation Style:
Natbib->Natbib style: Numerical.

Make sure your are not loading natbib in your (custom) preamble again.

When adding a citation you have to select sitations syle:
[ID] or ID.

> but changing the bibliography style to default or Jurabib doesn&#39;t
>work.

Because this bst style file is a numerical style file.

>Is there anything I can do short of typing authors&#39; names by hand?

Not, if you want to use plos bst.

bcsikos