I'm not a programmer, learned many years ago that is not for me. But I did contribute, for free, to writing the help files of a commercial program for a platform now long gone.

But, as I wrote in news://news.gmane.org:119/l4bi37$vh$1...@ger.gmane.org, if I help by reporting bugs I find in a program, assuming that reporting is requested by developers, shouldn't there be some thanks shown by fixing the bug?