OK, I have missed indeed this point, since I have adopted iCloud for
limited synching for some time ago (I do not sync my mail, and my calendars
are on GCalender, so I do not use iCloud either). I understand that this is
1/ inflexible; 2/not very respective of privacy.  I must admit that the
comfort of invisibly synching all my necessary information between all my
iOS and OSX devices reduced my vigilance on this aspect of this mechanism.