Rich Shepard writes:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2014, Steve Litt wrote:
>
>> Acknowledgements, dedication, title page, copyright page, about the
>> author, table of contents, and sometimes "how to use this book" or "about
>> this book."
>
>    Thanks, Steve.
>
>> One more thing: In the old days I recommended ERT fingerpainting the
>> frontmatter. Due to the advent of flowing text eBook formats like ePub and
>> Mobi,
>
>    This will not be an eBook; it will be printed and bound for each student
> in the class. It ain't a mass-market trade book. :-)
>
> Rich
Hi Rich,
I would normally defer to Steve on most of these questions, but I do
think that a printed book has a more or less standard set of frontmatter
pages.

In my little (and mostly outdated) book 'Self-publishing with LyX', I
discuss the ordinary frontmatter pages and how they might be set up with
the ordinary book class.

http://www.lulu.com/content/1085870

HTH,
Alan