On Fri, 31 Jan 2014, Alan L Tyree wrote:

I would normally defer to Steve on most of these questions, but I do think
that a printed book has a more or less standard set of frontmatter pages.

Alan,

  As Stafano pointed out to me in an off-list message, the Chicago Manual of
Style has (in my copy of the 15th Edition) Appendix A on design and
producion which runs 54 pages. :-) And I'll be working the Gorham Publishers
in Centralia, WA (that's Washington state, not Western Australia) who will
likely have their standards, too.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |