<SNIP>
>> And instead of using the LyX
>> exporters, try tex4ht to make the html file.
>
> I think I tried lyx->latex->tex4ht once before, and something went
> wrong, though I no longer remember what.
>
>> And process the html file
>> through tidy before using Pandoc.
>
> That's a good idea, although Python's lxml.etree can read well formed
> XML in any form, and has its own pretty print.
>>
>> I haven't tried this, so please don't waste your time on it if
>> inconvenient. Pandoc seems at its strongest when starting with a
>> Markdown file.
>
> LOL, if it leads to LyX to ePub, it will be anything but a waste of
> time. I'm going to try that tex4ht again and see what happens.

Hi Steve,
According to my notes from 2009, I used tex4ht using the following
commands:

   - htlatex file.tex "xhtml,mathml" "-cunihtf" "-cvalidate"

   - tidy -m -asxhtml name.html

I was just trying to make presentable XHTML files, so I don't know how
'good' they are for your purposes.

When the htlatex command runs, it will stop once in a while waiting for
input. Again, my notes say to use 'R <ret>'. I just ran it on a
reasonable size file and need to use the 'R' command about 3 times.

I should mention that I am on Debian Wheezy.

HTH,
Alan

--
Alan L Tyree           http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan