On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 05:53:59 +1100
Alan L Tyree <alanty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, that's a bit disappointing. Thanks for the full report. I've
> only used Pandoc for simple conversions, so haven't looked deeply at
> the configuration options that might help with the problems that you
> identify below.
>
> One last approach might be interesting to try: What about LyX ->
> (X)html, then process through Pandoc.

Once I have good, solid, semantic Xhtml, Pandoc isn't needed. I already
have most of the code to ePubize a single Xhtml file with lots of
chapters. The tough part is getting your content out of LyX or LaTeX
without dropping the styles.

> And instead of using the LyX
> exporters, try tex4ht to make the html file.

I think I tried lyx->latex->tex4ht once before, and something went
wrong, though I no longer remember what.

> And process the html file
> through tidy before using Pandoc.

That's a good idea, although Python's lxml.etree can read well formed
XML in any form, and has its own pretty print.

> I haven't tried this, so please don't waste your time on it if
> inconvenient. Pandoc seems at its strongest when starting with a
> Markdown file.

LOL, if it leads to LyX to ePub, it will be anything but a waste of
time. I'm going to try that tex4ht again and see what happens.

Thanks,

SteveT