Am 12.04.2014 19:21, schrieb stefano franchi:
On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann <
engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

Am 12.04.2014 18:10, schrieb stefano franchi:

  On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann <
engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

  Am 11.04.2014 17:45, schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
Slightly off topic: I am trying to get umlaute in a Lilypond Lyx file,
e.g.
\markup {
\vspace #1
   \fontsize #1 {
Sakura, sakura, der Frühlingshimmel,
      }
}
The Umlaute ue is not displayed.
I have tried various proposals made in the internet,
but had no success -converting in a text editor into UTF8 before
importing, using octal code ..

Could somebody give me a solution?

Wolfgang

Recommended is to use a text editor which changes the coding to UTF8. I
used jedit for it.
However, inserting the text in the ERT of my lilypond lyx file did not
help:
The Umlaute (diacritics) e.g. ü = ue are not shown in the pdf output;
instead the vowel is not shown at all, no space:
Hügel (Huegel) is shown as Hgel.

  Wolfgang, are you sure you are using a font that in fact includes the
proper glyph for the UTF8-addressed umlaut? If the pdf simply skips it,
there are a good chances it is a font-related issue.

Cheers,

Stefano

  Thanks, Stefano, I used new century schoolbook and most of the other one
( tried AE Palatino Bitstream Bookman Utopia Zapf .. )
but there are others not yet available. Which one would be suitable?

Have you tried Libertine? The font itself is not great, but it has a pretty
good coverage. You may also want to try the  the TeX Gyre fonts (TG Termes,
etc).
Which backend are you using? pdflatex or XeLaTeX/LuaTeX?

Cheers,

Stefano

I use pdflatex. So I have to install Libertine and use XeLaTex? Never used it. Is it tricky to use?

Guenter Milde, 2011:
Alternatively,
In LyX 2.0, you can use 'non-TeX fonts' and choose Linux Libertine &
Biolinum if these are installed on your system. Then you will compile
your documents with XeTeX.

Wolfgang