Am 16.04.2014 09:07, schrieb Charlie:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:34:42 +0200
Wolfgang Engelmann <engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

Thanks, Stefano,
for trying out my lilypond file. Since I do not have Libertine
available (although it is in my texlive
2013 archive as a tar.xz file) and you do not have Tex Gyre Bonum,
which I have
(in fact I am writing with it just now to try out), I have to find
out how to install Libertine under my
either Kubuntu or Debian, I will let you and the list know whether
this solves the issue of missing
Umlaute in the lilypond file.
Wolfgang
In Debian the way that I Installed Libertine fonts and others, this way:

Downloaded the fonts from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxlibertine/files/linuxlibertine/5.3.0/

I have a directory in: /usr/share/fonts as "my-fonts", but you don't
need your own directory, It's just that I use a lot of fonts.

Put the unzipped [if they are zipped] somewhere in /usr/share/fonts

Then as root: fc-cache

or, if that doesn't work as root: fc-cache -fv

You may have to close down and start LyX again, but those fonts should
be seen in every word processor, text editor and LyX of course.

Hope that helps.
Charlie
Charlie, that looks simple, however, the devil is in the detail, I am afraid. I did, what you suggested, except, that I took the fonts from my texlive/2013/archive.
 I unpacked them in /usr/share/fonts/myfonts
by
unxz libertine.tar.xz
which gives libertine.tar
tar xvf libertine.tar
gives the unpacked pack
(sorry for being so detailed, bus as a layman it took me some time to find the commands; may help others, perhaps.
Did as root fc-cache,
did additionally as root and as user texhash.

Started from terminal lyx
which gave
we@Wolfgang:~$ Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 14: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
Don't know whether this can be neglected.

In my lilypond lyx file I checked 'use Non Tex fonts'
I now find (good!) in the drop down selection of fonts Libertine,
but listed as Linux Libertine
and quite a number of them:
Linux Libertine Display O
Linux Libertine Display T
Linux Libertine Initials O
Linux Libertine Initials T
Linux Libertine Mon O
Linux Libertine Mon O (yes, twice!)
Linux Libertine O
Linux Libertine T

I have chosen Linux Libertine O (what are the differences?)
and get after pdflatex outputting my file this:

! Package fontenc Error: Encoding file `eu2enc.def' not found.

(fontenc) You might have misspelt the name of the encoding.

See the fontenc package documentation for explanation.

Type H <return> for immediate help. ...

l.99 \ProcessOptions*

Necessary code for this encoding was not loaded.

Thus calling the encoding later on will produce further error messages.

! LaTeX Error: Encoding scheme `EU2' unknown.

Type H <return> for immediate help. ...

l.100 \fontencoding\encodingdefault

\selectfont

Your command was ignored.

Type I <command> <return> to replace it with another command,

or <return> to continue without it.

)

! LaTeX Error: File `xunicode.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,

or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:

! Emergency stop.

<read *>

These are the same error messages I got when I tried the TexGyreBonum fonts. Stefano, could you kindly send me your lyx-file, you used to produce the pdf lilypond output or tell me, what your document> settings> Latex preamble looks like? Apparently I miss something there; in fact, my is empty

Wolfgang