On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann <
engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Am 12.04.2014 19:21, schrieb stefano franchi:
>
>  On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann <
>> engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>>
>>  Am 12.04.2014 18:10, schrieb stefano franchi:
>>>
>>>   On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann <

>>> ( tried AE Palatino Bitstream Bookman Utopia Zapf .. )
>>> but there are others not yet available. Which one would be suitable?
>>>

>> Have you tried Libertine? The font itself is not great, but it has a
>> pretty
>> good coverage. You may also want to try the  the TeX Gyre fonts (TG
>> Termes,
>> etc).
>> Which backend are you using? pdflatex or XeLaTeX/LuaTeX?
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Stefano
>>

>>  I use pdflatex. So I have to install Libertine and use XeLaTex? Never
> used it. Is it tricky to use?

Linux Libertine should be on your system already if you use texlive. If you
are on ubuntu, it may be in some texlive-extra package. If you are on
Windows or Mac... then I don't know. You may have to ask again on the list
on how to install (if at all) Libertine on such systems. Notice however
that standard system fonts on either Windows or Mac should give you plenty
of coverage for unicode. So, you could try the step below and just choose
the  Windows- or Mac- standard fonts (I can't give you names, becaue I
don't use either syste,. I am referring to the default fonts they use).

Using XeLaTeX "should" be trivial. As Guenter says, you just select non-TeX
fonts in Documents>>Settings>>Fonts and then choose the font you want from
the dropdown menus.

Whether LilyPond will work with Xetex is another issue. I have never used
Lilypond and cannot tell you if there would be problems in that case.

Cheers,

Stefano
Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies         Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org