QRSS is ultra slow morse code. Not at all what you're looking for

Yes, but it is pretty interesting.

However, beware of the FCC regulations.
There are restrictions on what you can do with those type accepted
routers and switches, and what kind of antennas you can use without
special permits or licensing.

According to the product manual, the xBee Xtend has up to 1 Watt of power
and it can legally use anything up to 8.1db at full power, or 15.1db at
reduced power, according to the manual.

See here for more info:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9411

I'm still doing research, of course, but I'll report back with results as I
have them.