Monoprice 479 -- good to know for future reference. Thanks.

The DOS I used was pre all of that. I'm talking ancient. I think it's the one I
got from Radio Shack with the Floppy when I bought it.  It was fairly basic, I
think with a simple menu to load, save, delete on floppy, and I think I do
remember it needing the floppy drive hooked up to function.

REX sounds super interesting -- possibly the most useful item ever made for the
portables.  I'll consider buying a SuperREX.