On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 3:37 AM, Daryl Tester <
dt-m...@handcraftedcomputers.com.au> wrote:

> At Linux conf last year there was someone who was using a Raspberry Pi and
> the TPDD protocol to interface to her
> Brother (no double entendre intended). *[thank goodness] *

I didn't get a chance to catch up and exchange notes.

No reason not to! I collaborated for a while with some of those folks and
we shared notes on the TPDD-1 protocol and I started the process of
decoding the data format. The Brother knitting machines use the sector
access protocol of the TPDD-1

But they eventually got it all decoded and the Python code is around on the
internet somewhere.

-- John.