Bingo. Thanks, Brian.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian White <bw.al...@gmail.com>
To: Model 100 Discussion <m100@lists.bitchin100.com>
Sent: Thu, Apr 27, 2017 9:34 pm
Subject: Re: [M100] Questions regarding Full Null Modem Cables, specif Serial
to USB

Working way too hard on these serial cables.

Monoprice 479 works with no adapters, and any old usb adapter you want, cheap
pl2302 no-name are fine, and dlplus on linux is not merely free but small and
minimal requirements to build or run.

The only thing that cable isn't good for is HTERM, because that cable loops
back rts/cts, but HTERM is the only software anywhere that even uses rts/cts on
a M100.

$2 done.

No adapters on either end, and a plug that sticks out the least.

What I don't know is, maybe laddie alpha or one of the other tpdd servers has
more/better/different features than dlplus.

For instance, subdirectories? Fake sector-level access aka disk images? Ability
to copy and then restore the full utility disk image? (well, I know none of
them have that or else we would have downloadable utility disk images) I don't
know what other possible features might exist, I just assume that different
tpdd servers probably have different features just like different dos's do.