I hadn't even considered using a TPDD server (Android, WIndows, whatever) for
such a purpose. I suppose it's possible to create a window that displays data
sent over the serial port in a new display packet format. Though it would
likely be slow and limited to text only.
The system bus or parallel port would be MUCH faster for this. I think Ken was
working on something that attached to the parallel port not too long ago.

Kurt