On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Kurt McCullum <kurt.mccul...@att.net>
wrote:

> I hadn't even considered using a TPDD server (Android, WIndows, whatever)
> for such a purpose. I suppose it's possible to create a window that
> displays data sent over the serial port in a new display packet format.
> Though it would likely be slow and limited to text only.
>
> The system bus or parallel port would be MUCH faster for this. I think Ken
> was working on something that attached to the parallel port not too long
> ago.
>
> Kurt

I don't think it would be that slow.

I've thought about adding that to LaddieCon before.

And FWIW, I've proven that we can get up to 38400bps on the 100 and T102
serial port.

We put up with the equivalent of a 600baud display on the Model 100 itself
:-)

Speaking of display speed, if anyone wants a fun assembly project, I think
it would be cool to modify the BASIC ROM to implement the hardware
scrolling feature of the 100 and 102. It would be a massive improvement,
based on Phillip Avery's demo

http://club100.org/memfiles/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Philip%20Avery/Hardware%20Scroll

-- John.