To Chris,

Good news and bad news.

The good news:  The CRT adapter works great.

The bad news:  The NEC disk drive that shipped as part of this auction
lacks the system disk, and therefore there is nothing to boot.   Within my
archives I have a PC-8231A system disk *somewhere*, and hopefully I can
locate it.   Unfortunately part of the case for this drive is broken as
well, so I'm hoping the drive itself would even still function given the
abuse.   As this was an "as is" auction I of course accept all of this
risk.  Happy to have a working CRT adapter again regardless..

Gary