----- Original Message -----
From: Brian White
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 2:16 AM
Subject: Re: [M100] DVI cable

Setting aside the fact that we just spent a week proving that manuals aren't
bibles and can be full of crap, yes I am following the startup procedure from
the beginning of the dvi users manual.

0: Everything turned off. Everything connected. Drive door open. No disk in
drive. Monitor on.

1: M100 on.

2: DVI on.

3: Wait for dvi to say "Insert System Diskette"

4: Insert disk and close drive door.

...doesn't matter what comes next, because nothing else happens.

--
Motor doesn't spin? Light does not come on?
--

Also another manual fallacy: "Be sure the edge with the write protect notch is
the first to enter the drive."

---
Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that one...
---

Oh really? Well, I am not actually doing that, so, maybe that's why it's not
working? hehe

---
I wouldn't advise it, but it's in the manual so maybe you should try it just to
convince yourself... ;-)

Anyway, good luck! Glad to see you finally changed the Wiki.

On Oct 27, 2017 1:19 AM, "Mike Stein" <mhs.st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That sounds more like a disk drive or disk problem.

Indeed, assuming that he's following the correct boot sequence.

BTW, I have a couple of copies of the single sheet addendum to the DVI
instructions:
"Notice to Users of Radio Shack's DISK/VIDEO INTERFACE"

It  lists the M100 and T200 files on the system diskette and adds the T200 Kill
and Restart BASIC commands; is it on line somewhere or should I scan it?

That sounds more like a disk drive or disk problem.

I assume that is farther than it gets without any cable connected at all?

— John.