I have installed a 3.5” in the DVI along with the 5.25”. From memory, it
formats up the disk differently to the TPDD/TPDD2 such that they are not
interchangeable with the TPDD/TPDD2 which is a shame in some ways.

From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> on behalf of Mike Stein
<mhs.st...@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 28 October 2017 at 12:51 AM
To: "m...@bitchin100.com" <m...@bitchin100.com>
Subject: Re: [M100] DVI cable

Good advice, Gary.

Guess I'll have to look through my piles of Commodore drives one of these days
to see if any of them have that issue; we just had a discussion about this on
one of the Commodore lists and ISTR that it was mainly only one make
(Mitsubishi?) and one or two specific caps that had this problem.

FWIW, worst case you can replace the DVI drive with pretty well any half-height
double density 5.25" drive (or two) as long as it fits mechanically; I replaced
mine long ago with a pair of Teacs just because I wanted a matching pair and
couldn't find another drive like the original.

In fact you could even replace it with a 3.5" drive if necessary and you had
the required adapters and a 3.5" DD boot disk.