There is a single sheet insert that came with one of my DVI manuals that
shows a two-part cable, where I think the deal is there's really 3 total
parts, one for 100, one for 102 & 200, and one for the DVI.
I scanned it and uploaded it to Archive.org a few weeks ago. It's a little
paper about the size of a paperback book. Perhaps these came later along
with the 100/200 version of the system disk? Maybe the mid-way connector
performs the twists?

https://archive.org/details/DVI263806Notice

I too would like specifically more and clearer pictures of the cables,
especially the connectors. Not the DVI itself. There are lot's of DVI's out
there and I have 2 myself. But the original cables are mostly gone and
there are not really even any pictures of the cables and connectors that
are good enough to trace the conductors right to the pins, and see all
possible manufacturing marks, like you could if you had one in your hands
one in your hands.