Have you tried closing the HD sense hole with a piece of tape or similar?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephen Adolph
  To: m...@bitchin100.com
  Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2019 6:08 PM
  Subject: Re: [M100] question regarding floppy disks.

  the Coco is using it's standard controller

  When issuing the DSKINI 0 command the coco tries to format for 180kB.

  The combination of

  (Coco, std controller, PC 1.44MB drive + a 720kB dd floppy) works

  whereas
  (Coco, std controller, PC 1.44MB drive + a 1.44MBB hd floppy) does not work

  this is something I don't understand!

  On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 5:42 PM Gregory McGill <arcadeshop...@gmail.com>