On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 10:53 AM Jim Manley <jim.man...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've heard that rechargeable batteries can be used in M100s by changing a
> resistor inside a unit, but I can't find any details about the value of the
> new resistor, which one it is on the PCB, etc.  Also, is the resistor value
> dependent on which battery chemistry is involved (NiCd, NiMH, LiH, LiPoly,
> LiFePO4, etc.)?

Of course no change is necessary if you simply use rechargeables in the
usual way, charging via an external charger. With the internal nicd keeping
the memory alive, I've never lost data while swapping batteries. I can't
say the same for the WP-2, Cambridge Z88, NC-100, palm pilots, etc. The
internal NiCd design of the Model T really sets it apart in this regard.

And the batteries last so many hours (particularly if a lot of your T-time
is conducted while plugged to the wall) that I find that it's not a big
deal just to charge externally.

I prefer Eneloop batteries.

-- John.