Thanks Steve!

I was able to download the REXCPM v2 ZIP file once you had updated the link
to the current version.

Is there somewhere that lists what's in the Option ROM image files at
the Validated
OPTROM Images for M100/T102
<http://bitchin100.com/wiki/images/6/63/M100_OPTION_ROMS.zip> link?  I can
guess a few of them by name, but most are effectively in hieroglyphics
to me.

Also are there other images elsewhere that can be readily loaded into
REXes?  AIUI, you can create an image from any 32 KB segment, so any
8080-compatible code and data files loaded into a segment can be archived
that way.  Obviously, they would have to either be text/command-line based
or M100-specific for addressable interactive text displays, graphics, etc.

So, 512 KB of the REXCPM is reserved for the sixteen 32 KB "Option SRAM"
segments, leaving 1.5 MB of the 2 MB REXCPM unit available.  That 1.5 MB is
only accessible by CP/M AIUI, though (and did I see that BASIC can access
up to two of the 32 KB segments?).

Is that 1.5 MB available for CP/M files that are larger than 32 KB as well
as for direct execution of CP/M-based application code that requires more
than 32 KB?  I don't recall if there have ever been any legacy CP/M
executables larger than 32 KB, but I could eventually build some.  I do
recall some applications built using modules that could be called and were
then dumped from RAM when no longer needed.

Can there be data files larger than 32 KB, or even some significant
fraction of the 1.5 MBs?  I'm asking out of curiosity rather than having a
foreseeable need to do anything like that.

Does REXCPM do some voodoo behind the scenes to switch segments without the
code knowing any better?  Obviously, plain-vanilla 8080 CP/M code couldn't
access anything beyond a 64 KB address space, but is it possible to write
code that does extend beyond, or is that something we'd have to manage
ourselves via segment-switching?

I think I need to dig into the CP/M docs from long ago in that galaxy far,
far away!  My MSCS compiler course prof was Dan Davis, best friend of Gary
Kildall when they both co-founded the CS Department at the Naval
Postgraduate School in Monterey.  Dan had followed Gary to Digital Research
a year, or so, after it was founded, to build the PL/I compiler.  He
returned to NPS a few years later after Microsoft had decimated DR's market.

Thanks and All the Best,
Jim