You say "messages will look a little different from these users."

Can you talk more about that? Are you talking about mail service software
or people reading the list?

If you think there are any likely side effects to the suggested fixes,
pluses and minuses it would be helpful to hear them.

Btw, this is on a web host (Dreamhost) as I've mentioned. I may have access
to all of these settings, I don't know yet.

Anyway a little more discussion on this (to get input of the community) and
then we can take it off list.

This is definitely the ultimate "metadiscussion" and it may turn some
members off.

-- John.