From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> On Behalf Of Peter Vollan
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2022 1:40 PM
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Subject: Re: [M100] Modems and the modern world

Here in the USA, phone companies are required to continue to support pulse
dialing.

On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 at 08:05, Cedric Amand <ced...@cedric.net
<mailto:ced...@cedric.net> > wrote:

Hey I'm not alone :)

I'm also a fan of telecom and I made the built in modem of my m102 (300 bauds
as you said) work

What I can suggest if you would like to experiment a lot with vintage modems ;
is getting a home PABX (a phone exchange), or a small business PABX (even an
isdn pabx works) You can find those for anywhere between 20 and 100
dollars/euros on ebay because nobody needs them anymore, like a 4 lines pabx.

This allows you to have your own PSTN network for your experiments (if you're
into that kind of thing that is)

I made "calls" between my Model 102 and a USR56K modem with no issue.

You also need a cable. That cable is so vintage that you actually have to
pickup the phone to make it dial.

Beware that the M100 and M102 do not support DTMF dialing, only pulse, and
nowadays it's probably impossible to make a call with pulse. You can however
dial the number yourself (with the above cable) - or, again, use a PABX that
supports both DTMF and PULSE.

Le 2022-10-06 20:27, Will Senn <will.s...@gmail.com