Hey I'm not alone :) I'm also a fan of telecom and I made the built in modem of
my m102 (300 bauds as you said) work What I can suggest if you would like to
experiment a lot with vintage modems ; is getting a home PABX (a phone
exchange), or a small business PABX (even an isdn pabx works) You can find
those for anywhere between 20 and 100 dollars/euros on ebay because nobody
needs them anymore, like a 4 lines pabx. This allows you to have your own PSTN
network for your experiments (if you're into that kind of thing that is) I made
"calls" between my Model 102 and a USR56K modem with no issue. You also need a
cable. That cable is so vintage that you actually have to pickup the phone to
make it dial. Beware that the M100 and M102 do not support DTMF dialing, only
pulse, and nowadays it's probably impossible to make a call with pulse. You can
however dial the number yourself (with the above cable) - or, again, use a PABX
that supports both DTMF and PULSE. From my own experience, at least over here
in europe, it's impossible to make proper modem calls on land line like they
worked back in the day, for gow knows what reason the quality of the line makes
it impossible to negociate anything above 14,4k. I guess they filter more or
the signal is so digital that it doesn't behave in the proper way an analog
modem expects. Le 2022-10-06 20:27, Will Senn <will.s...@gmail.com> a écrit : >
> > As you may have noticed, I'm putting my m100 through its paces and enjoying
the process of treading down memory lane. Last night I finished coding up my
banner program using the M100 font. Now I just need a printer (or retroprinter
emulator) to try it out on... in the meantime, I'm catching up on remote
communications. If I understand correctly, the m100 has a built in 300 baud
modem. Am I understanding this correctly? > > > > If so, in this oh so modern
era, how does one go about exercising it? I don't currently have a land line,
so does it work with an iphone? (never saw that coming... can I connect 300
baud over iphone, hilarious, but there you have it). Are there BBSes still in
operation? > > > > Later, > > > > Will > >