> On Oct 7, 2022, at 7:41 AM, Will Senn <will.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I unpacked the .deb file and after a bit of sorting out dependencies, got it
> running on my mac:

For future reference, I keep a tarball of this (plus a distribution with bit of
stuff to build a Docker image) in my bucket[1].  It's a touch easier to install
for folks who don't use Debian-based packaging.

> Cool - kinda like a python dlplus... Is this the same mcomm you're referring
> to?

Python mComm is a fairly recent innovation.  I think many folks who use mComm
are referring to the Android or Windows software of the same name.  I don't
have Android or Windows so I can't speak to the feature set of those particular
implementations but as far as I'm aware Python mComm doesn't have modem
emulation.  A cursory examination of the code doesn't show anything that looks
like it.

One of mComm's differentiating features is special support for the Sardine[2]
dictionary image. I don't believe other TPDD emulators have Sardine disk image
support.

> Is there a man page somewhere?

If there is, I haven't found it.

[1.] http://public.nachomountain.com/files/m100/

[2.] The spell checking software available as a stand alone option ROM or in
Ultimate Rom II.  It does raw sector access of a specially-formatted TPDD disk
containing the dictionary.