I’ve had good luck with the IOGEAR GBC232A (
https://www.iogear.com/product/GBC232A <https://www.iogear.com/product/GBC232A>
) between the M100 and mComm Python on a Mid-2012 MacBookPro 9,1 i7 running
macOS 10.15.7 Catalina. The time out issue for me was with the mComm Android on
a Motorola Moto G6 running Android 9/Pie. Basically I want to use my phone as
my TPDD when away from home/office. Kurt's extra delay version of TS-DOS took
care of that (
http://club100.org/memfiles/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Kurt%20McCullum

<http://club100.org/memfiles/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Kurt%20McCullum>
 ). The GBC232A does need a Windows computer to be configured. The one I have
came with version 1.0 of the utility from IOGEAR that works with XP. IOGEAR has
version 2.02 of their utility for Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 for download here (
https://www.iogear.com/support/dm/driver/GBC232A
<https://www.iogear.com/support/dm/driver/GBC232A> ). After getting it to work,
finding a properly configured 25-9 pin stub adapter has been a bust. I ended up
sticking with my old LapLink cable with dual ends and will make my own shorter
adapter some time in the future.

Enjoy,

GregS <><