Another chime in from someone who is still around but lurking :)

I didn't want to bring this up because I have my own unfinished project I feel
guilty about, but I will answer the question.  (My unfinished thing is that I
started on a project to improve the font used on the MVT100 board, and I made a
minor improvement to readability of a few characters (6, 9, and Q, I believe)
which Stephen started distributing with new boards, and then I embarked on a
project to dramatically improve the rendering of the 80x24 mode font and also
reproduce the original DVI font, and then I got stalled out partway through the
character set when Life Happened :( but I do mean to get back to it, I promise)

The thing that I think you're remembering is that there isn't enough directory
entries in the CP/M image for the 4MB REXCPM.  I discovered this because I was
filling mine up and I'm only able to use a little more than half the capacity
IIRC (it might have been more approaching 2/3 capacity).  Philip said he would
need to re-make the image for 4MB with a greater number of directory entries,
and that anyone who wanted to use it would of course have to export their
files, load the new disk image, and re-import their files back.  (A pain to be
sure, if you've filled it up like I have, but a pain I'm quite willing to
undergo.)

Two other things I've been hoping for for quite some time, and I'm not sure how
much of this was Philip's thing and how much was Stephen's thing and/or someone
else's thing, but there was talk of new versions of import/export which would
support 8.3 filenames instead of just 6.2 when used with a compatible TPDD
emulator...

The second thing was 76800bps support when used with a compatible TPDD
emulator.  I know there's a private version of this floating around somewhere
because the REX backup/restore utility supports it, and I've been aching to
make use of it.

Maybe if I get my project moving and released?  My internal guilt makes me not
want to ask for these things because I have failed so far to deliver on my
thing... :P

        jim