On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 9:59 AM Jim Anderson jim.ander...@kpu.ca
<http://mailto:jim.ander...@kpu.ca> wrote:

My unfinished thing is that I started on a project to improve the font used
> on the MVT100 board, and I made a minor improvement to readability of a few
> characters (6, 9, and Q, I believe) which Stephen started distributing with
> new boards, and then I embarked on a project to dramatically improve the
> rendering of the 80x24 mode font and also reproduce the original DVI font,
> and then I got stalled out partway through the character set when Life
> Happened :( but I do mean to get back to it, I promise)

I’m curious about the font changes you’ve made as I recently helped a
bitmap font archiver add the Model-T fonts to his collection
<https://github.com/robhagemans/hoard-of-bitfonts/tree/master/kyotronic>.
The 8x8 DVI font
<https://github.com/robhagemans/hoard-of-bitfonts/blob/master/kyotronic/trs80-dvi-8x8.yaff>
had looked quite nice at first glance. Is that not what Stephen’s MVT100
uses?

—b9

P.S. As for the guilt, hey, life happens to the best of us. Some of us get
so swept up by life that we might never return. If incomplete projects nag
at you, maybe consider developing your work on a public site like github so
others can discover your unfinished opus and build up from the scaffolding.