Hi Lavona,

As a painter I've used all colors together and as much as possible in all
kind of combinations. Often I've been attacked "in my own culture" that my
choice of colors were "too vivid" , "too eclectic", "too much" etcetera.

This is good for Latino painters or East Asia ones but not for Belgians,
hey?
Very funny how they try to reduce the colors in painting under the pretext
of "harmony". The use of colors becomes a doctrine, a set of rules to
follow and if you refuse to play by their set of rules you're not allowed
to the happy few of "real painters" (exclusion again thru' the personal
choice or use of colors)

You know my provocative nature a bit. On the question what are your
favorite colors I have often replied "black and white".
Shocking people to the bone because
1. Black and white are not considered as real colors by a kind of
establishment who only show their superiority in stupidity in a way
2. White is the result of fusion of all colors, every teenager who studied
science knows this
3. B & W are the great expressive colors of all graphics
4. B & W are the great expressive colors of ancient movies (and I don't see
the same kind of expressionism in the colored movies, a few exceptions
exist of course, like Kieslowski)

Of course my favorite colors are all the colors of the rainbow dear and
beyond that, even the ones we can't see.
The great quality of modern printing machines is that they can focus and
distinguish between "millions" of color shades and gradations and we are
asked to isolate one or a few ones as "favorite"?!

Come on, this is a request for mutilation and for self mutilation.

Next time someone asks us for a "favorite list of anything" we burn the
call to cleanse ourselves of that garbage thinking.
Hey, I'm back to the garbage, okay, let me see what I can find of myself in
the trash bin. Is your mail box enough for the trash of a Brussels' sprout?

Postal Greetings,

Guido "thousand and one shades" Vermeulen
http://groups.msn.com/POPOPEINT/guidovermeulenartiste.msnw

Memorial BLOG
http://shadowtributes.blogspot.com

BLOG on artist books and small print publications
http://boklist.blogspot.com

FRIOUR zine blog(s):
http://Friour1.blogspot.com

A BLOG ON MY LIFE IN BRUSSELS
http://brusselsesjoekes.blogspot.com

" If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then
there'd be peace."

   -  John Lennon -