>> Favorite things = self damaging, well yes because it is damaging
altogother.
When you say this is my favorite you exclude all others, meaning you
put others down for a so called favorite which is often dictated by
fashion or "the culture of the moment in your own society or
environment". <<

I do not agree at all.
You call when I surround myself with my own favorite things self
damaging and excluding others.
Not at all.
Sztuka Fabryka wears his "All Stars" with proud, is dressed sometimes
in fashionable street wear. Loves to read fashion magazines and watch
what is going on in Milaan and on other cat walks. By the way next
year he is going to study fashion at local Academy.
Sztuka Fabryka loves to listen to punk, but also some hits of Britney
Spears makes shaking his ass as you see on MTV. You know Guido that
we discussed music, you ended following it when the eighties where
there. While for me its starts with Duran Duran, Franki Goes to
Hollywood, Blondie, the Sex Pistols, ...
Sometimes he likes reality TV and gets crazy when "Lost" is on TV.
Maybe some things are dictated by the culture of the moment in the
society or by my environment. So what, can you blame the medievals
that they wore medieval clothes and not a punk costume.
Do I damage myself by excluding other things I do not like, not at
all. On the contrary. I surround myself with the things I like, just
to make me feel good. I build up my own life, my own identity, with
the clothes I like, the interior I like, the food I like, the music I
like, ... And do not give a fuck what others think about it. If I
would give a fuck and care what others thinks about it, then I for
sure would damage myself.

But do I exclude, no I do not. If there is a hippie sitting next to
me then I will not exclude this person. I would not think "hey he do
not dress as I do, I will exclude him". No, I will not do that. And
hope he does not do the same with me.

Infact I see a kind of generation difference in this writing. Maybe
you all were growing up in the revolutionary sixties where there was
this general idea of "all united in one community". While I grow up
in the eighties where only the individual was important. And still
this is what goes around in my brain. Not one community is my ideal
(MAO where are you) but lots of different individuals, with each
their own different style and favorite things build up a community.
And infact I prefer the last one, it is more interesting.

Also in Mail-Art I prefer my own favorite things, and surround me
with what I like, so that I feel myself good and comfortable in my
own world, far away from the sometimes bad world. But do not mind
that others surprise me with their own world.

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mailinglist from Sztuka Fabryka
http://www.sztuka-fabryka.be/