Hi Zack, Sarah, Geoff, Bryan, Dan, and Others,

I'm not switched over to iCloud yet -- there are some items relative to
MobileMe features that I still need to check out before switching over.
However, apart from the issue of the busy screen at the sign-in for MobileMe,
which I deal with by appending "/find" to the URL I go to, like Zack I can
navigate the MobileMe web site to use "Find My iPhone" without problems.  I've
also done this with standard VoiceOver navigation, either classic keyboard
commands or by using the TrackPad, and the address for the MobileMe web page I
use to find my device is exactly what Apple outlines in their help information:
"Go to me.com/find and sign in using your Apple ID email address and password."

I'll paste in below, the details I posted to another list back in June.  Some
of you will have seen this before in a post titled, "Using Find My iPhone from
the MobileMe page on the Mac [was Re: Um, VO Doesn't Seem to Work with the
Mobile Me Site?]". I can't comment on the iCloud site, since I'd have to kill
off access to some of my MobileMe functions including features such as creation
of email aliases to gain access to that site, but maybe these comments will
help someone.

Anyway, I'll outline how I access the "Find My iPhone" feature at MobileMe. I'm
a MobileMe subscriber, but I assume it works the same way for folks who just
register for "Find My iPhone".

1. Under VoiceOver Utility (VO-F8), I set my "Web" options to Navigate webpages
by DOM order, and under the options for "When loading a new webpage" I have the
box for "Move the VoiceOver cursor to it" checked.
2. Use the URL:
http://www.me.com/find
(Press Command-L to highlight the address bar, then type in "me.com/find" and
press "Return" to go to the MobileMe site where you'll be positioned at the
login text box)
3. In the login text box type in your username, press tab to move to the
password text box, then press "Return" to log into the page for "Find My iPhone"
4. On the "MobileMe Find My iPhone" page, with QuickNav on (turned on or off by
pressing the left and right arrow keys simultaneously), navigate (by pressing
the right arrow key) to "Devices", then continue to navigate down the list to
the iOS device you want to locate. There's an entry for the registered device
(e.g., "Teresa's iPhone", "Esther's iPad", etc., followed by a  location status
(e.g., "Locating", "Located 1 minute ago", "No location available").
5. Select the device you want to find from the "Devices" list by pressing the
Up and Down arrow keys simultaneously (with QuickNav on) or with VO-Space. You
can do this from either the device line or the location status line. The web
page will update to display a map to the right of the "Devices" list with the
location of your selected device shown.  This is similar to the way your
location is shown in the default "Maps" app on iOS devices.
6. Navigate to your selected device in the map view with item chooser menu
(VO-i). This is the second entry in the list (e.g., if you typed "i p h" and
got a list of two items, the first "Teresa's iPhone" is the entry in the
"Devices" list; the second entry is device you found. Arrow down and select it
by either pressing "Return" or VO-Space.)
7. Activate the selected device either by pressing the up and down arrow keys
simultaneously (If QuickNav is on), or with VO-Space.
8. Navigate through the options with your Right arrow key.  You'll hear the
device named (e.g. "iPhone", "iPod Touch", "iPad"), location status (e.g.
"Located 2 minutes ago"), followed by buttons for "Display Message or Play
Sound…", "Lock…", and "Wipe…".
9. Activate the button you want by pressing the up and down arrow keys
simultaneously or with VO-Space. Choosing the button to "Display Message or
Play Sound…" brings up a dialog window with the box to "Play a sound for 2
minutes" checked.  Pressing "Return" immediately activates this default
selection, and will cause the selected device to play sonar pings as though
from submarine sonar scans for two minutes, or until you find and deactivate
the message on the screen (assuming your device has battery power left and is
connected to the internet). Pressing "Escape" cancels the dialog window. (You
can also navigate to the "Cancel" and "Send" buttons and press them with
VO-Space or the Up+Down Arrow key combination).  You can also type in a message
to be sent and displayed on the screen of your device (e.g. "Please call this
phone number…").

Comments: I find this all very accessible.  The screen layout is fairly simple,
and I was actually able to log in and navigate the MobileMe Find My iPhone
screen in the Atomic Browser app on my iPad to confirm this layout. (For some
reason Mobile Safari will not let you log into MobileMe pages from iOS
devices.) I usually allow sufficient time for the device to be located before I
select if for finding, since that's typically only 10 or 20 seconds. I also
give the page a few seconds to load the map for the located device after I've
selected it before trying to send the command to play a sound.  (I haven't
tried to use either the "Lock" or "Wipe" functions.)  You can navigate to the
located device with your right arrow key with QuickNav on, too. It's just that
you'll hear VoiceOver announce a group of odd sounding blocks that are map
image sections between the end of the "Devices" list and your selected device
if you do that, but the page is perfectly explorable with VoiceOver navigation.
Using item chooser menu, which can also be used to find "Devices" in step 4, is
just slightly simpler and faster.  There's also a button to refresh the page if
you want to update your devices "Find" action. (I guess this could be useful if
the iPhone was left in a moving car.)  The map display is purely visual, with
no coordinate information, but you could do a screen capture, either of the
entire screen (Command+Shift+3) or just of the browser window, and attach it to
an email to a sighted friend, asking them to tell you the location.

Cheers,

Esther

>>> TIA,