From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of william lomas
Sent: 30 November 2011 14:16
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: still can't use online banking

when you are logged in to nattiest though for uk banking do you get busy all
the time when on accounts screen?
use google chrome that's fine

On Nov 30, 2011, at 12:34 PM, David Griffith wrote:

> I am sad to say that I absolutely agree. Apple needs to concentrate on
these everyday issues  as a matter of urgency.

> I am afraid that, even now, I have to go back to Windows and Jaws for
anything involving secure web pages. Even if pages load I have dreadful
problems with passwords. The biggest feature request I would have for
Voiceover would be to provide consistent click feedback when entering  text
into secure edit boxes I have tried to access Nat West a few times using the
Mac and Safari and have given up each time as the complete lack of feedback
when entering password information is too confusing and unnerving.  oxes.
Voiceover and Safari hardly ever achieve proper feedback on secure edit
fields. . So in the last 2 days I tried to access GMail and the Sainsburys
site. On theGMail   login I received only sporadic click feedback  confusing
me as to whether key presses had been registered aor not. On the sainsbury
site I received no feedback at all. In fact one of the few  places  I know
where I have received anything like consistent click feedback in a password
field is the App Store.
> ven here the first key press is silent . presumably because the first
letter of my password is capitalised.  This is one of my biggest
disappointments with the Mac.
> As you know password automaters  will not work with the Nat West site as
you need to enter randomly selected characters from password and pin, as you
do with payment verification systems on shopping sites. Ebay is usable as
having a paypal account and simple login makes it far easier.
> I  am not asking for any security breaches, just for voiceover to do its
job of providing a click every time you type in an edit field. The
equivalent of the sighted user seeing a star. We are being badly let down
here. Both NVDA and Jaws have no problem with providing feedback in these
same edit boxes so I am mystified as to why this is a problem for Voiceover.
> This and the apparent inability of mac wordprocessin  software to handle a
table in a word documents are big drawbacks. As an academic I am constantly
confronted with documents with tables in. Lots of good things about the Mac
but these are big problems of everyday usage which need to be sorted
urgently.

> David Griffith
> d.griff...@btinternet.com
>

> On 30 Nov 2011, at 07:25, william lomas wrote:
>
>>      hi all my online banking is still not working under mac osx lion.
>> All I still get is voiceover saying safari or lighting busy when i log
in.
>> if i can't use the mac to do every day tasks like this then what's the
point?
>> the
>> www.natwest.com
>> bank i am with in the UK doesn't as far as I know have any flash.
>> rather than adding all these fancy new features like spaces and other
>> things we can't even use right apple need to address such basic
>> issues as these, all these claims of fastest web browser and
>> stability are no good for blind consumers

>> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

database 6552 (20111018) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 6552 (20111018) __________

http://www.eset.com