Hello Geoff, Esther and others,

I'd like to thank all of you for your helpful information.  Since I frequently
travel to certain countries outside Austria (Germany, UK, France, etc) and only
to three or four different states in the US, I think I will go the selective
download route.  It is nice to know that other apps developed specifically for
blind people can simultaneously run in the background.

My thanks to all of you and best regards,

Mike