I can tell you how many times I read these knee jerk reactions like this.
People seem to foget that the iPad and other devices are not marketed for the
blind.  The vast majority of the market share are sighted folks.  Thus, the
bells and whistles are going to be orientated for that population.

     However, as pointed out, that does not at all mean that the improvements
to the processor and camera won't benefit the blind.  It is a vast improvement
overall, and as with any new iDevice, the extent of the improvements are never
apparent from the presentation and don't seem to get fully realized until the
device is being sold and third party developers really start taking advantage
of its new specs.

     So, if you don't need a new iPad or you are happy with what you have, that
is fine.  The new iPad may not be for you.  However, don't make snap reactions
simply from a presentation that was not geared towards accessibility and go
assuming anything.

Take Care
John Panarese
jpanar...@mac-access.net