Hi,

Just to correct you here. Yes, Apple does allow it, and yes they do exist, but
experimentally so. However, the companies haven't made it into a regular
keyboard such as the ones you can set under Keyboard preferences in Settings,
which is also possible to do without any particular access to any source code.
You don't need any low-level access in iOS to do this, so if the company can
make it a workable solution, it's perfectly able to be worthwhile. I admit it'd
be interesting to try, but it wouldn't make me faster.

Even so, though, the fact it is a small demand makes Apple less likely to do
it. Most companies probably wouldn't go for small-demand features, at least,
not often I'd think.

Regards,
Nicolai